NYC Food Guy Note: I’m on vacation in California so I’m sending you on a NY Food Tour to keep your stomach happy while I’m gone. Enjoy the deliciousness.
- What: Decadent vanilla custard, with a consistency similar to banana pudding, sandwiched between two slices of pastry puff covered in vanilla icing. What more do I have to say? Despite its sloppy appearance, it remains one of the best desserts I’ve ever had.
- Cost: $3 for a massive slice
- Where: 68 East 1st Street b/t 1st & 2nd Avenue NY, NY 10003 212-979-5200
- Website: http://www.tuckshopnyc.com/
- Inside info: Tuck Shop serves Australian street food including delicious meat pies and lamingtons (pound cake with jam in the middle rolled in chocolate and coconut) until 5AM on Friday & Saturday. Pick up some Tim Tams, on the popularity level with Oreos in Australia, from the tiny grocery section. They’re the best packaged cookies I’ve ever had. Look into the Tim Tam Slam for maximum enjoyment.