NYC Food Guy Note: I’m on vacation in California so I’m sending you on a NY Food Tour to keep your stomach happy while I’m gone. Enjoy the deliciousness.
- What: The star at Hill Country’s carnivore castle is the Jalapeno Cheese pork sausage shipped from Kreuz Market in Lockhart, Texas. The best sausage NYC Food Guy has ever had, it’s smoky, garlicky and filled with spicy chopped jalapeno and bits of cheddar which ooze out when hot.
- Cost: $6.50 for 1 ($6 for regular sausage), Pricey but worth it
- Where: 20 West 26th Street b/t Broadway and 6th Avenue NY, NY 10010 212-255-4544
- Website: http://www.hillcountryny.com/home.php
- Inside info: Bring some sausage home to use in your eggs or just snack on with crackers. Prime Rib and the special short ribs are not to be missed. Hill Country serves a special late night menu (PDF link) until 1AM Thursday, Friday and Saturday.